Sitting all day got tight hips? Or maybe you stand all day at work and it leaves your hips tight and back achy? Try this video below and let me know if it relieves some of your aches and pains. If you’re at work and can’t do this with the sound on – don’t fret – step-by-step instructions are below the video. Feel free to respond to this email with any questions or feedback. Enjoy!
1. Sit comfortable on a chair with your feet touching the floor.
2. Cross your right ankle over your left knee. If this is a big stretch to your outer hip, then stay here. If you want to add a little more stretch you can place your hand on your right thigh bone and gently press down.
3. To increase the stretch even more, start to lean forward. Stop when the stretch feels good.
4. If there is a desk in front of you, rest your head on the desk for extra relaxation.
5. Hold as long as you’d like, then switch to your other side.
Don’t forget to check out my other blog post explaining why you might be tight and what to do about it. You can check that out here: Why you’re tight and what to do about it
P.S. If you enjoyed this blog post and want more yoga tips to help you build a stronger, more flexible and dependable body, join my mailing list where I send out weekly tips like this. You can sign up here. Please also feel free to share this with anyone who you think might benefit from these tips!