Individual and Private Yoga Sessions
Private yoga sessions are great for a number of reasons:
- You get to choose the time and the place so it works with your schedule and your life.
- We can work on what you want to work on and do the poses you want to do.
- You will receive a well sequenced class that is right for YOUR practice and body and not a general group like in a group class setting.
- The alignment cues will be specific to what is happening in your body so you can work on and tweak the poses to what feels good in your body.
- All of the attention is focused on you so you can ask as many questions as you'd like.
- We can work on poses more deeply using props and chairs that you normally don't have time for in a group class.
- If you're new to yoga, private sessions are a great way to learn the basic poses and proper alignment before you enter a group class so that once you do attend a group class, you can feel prepared to flow through the sequences.
- All of the hand's on assists are just for you, bringing you deeper into a pose.
Semi-Private Yoga Sessions
Semi-private yoga sessions are a great way to enjoy yoga with a small group of friends and still receive the benefits of a private session. These sessions can be a general class, more of a workshop towards a specific pose, or gentle restorative poses.
Do you work at a college? Or maybe you're a student or part of a group of alumni who would like to see yoga offered at your alma mater or current college? Look no further! I teach at multiple colleges, offering weekly classes for alumni, staff, and students, as well as for-credit classes with a more academic syllabus than your typical yoga class. It's hard enough to relax in New York City as it is, but in college we often forget about relaxation all together. My experience has been that these classes offer students (and alumni) a moment to find calm in their hectic schedules so they can better handle their workload as students and professionals. If you, your college, or alma mater is interested please contact me and I would love to discuss this further.
Corporate Yoga Sessions - Yoga at Work!
Having yoga in the workplace sounds like a complete dream, but it exists and is growing more and more in companies! Between the amount of sitting, staring at a computer, and stress that goes into our day's work, yoga can be a terrific way to take a step back and pause throughout your busy day. Having yoga in the workplace is also a great bonding activity for employees. Relaxing together, your employees will leave more refreshed and awake, with better posture and less back pain. It provides employees with an opportunity to move their bodies, and leave with the ability to approach work with clarity and calmness throughout the rest of their day.
For availability, rates, and more information, please email KateFormanYoga@gmail.com.